Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday, lovely Sunday

Sunday.  Often the most tiring day of the week, for our family anyway.  Also the most rewarding day of the week.  I guess that's why they say "no work, no reward".  Who says that?  I don't know, but it does sound like something "they" would say. Who's they?  No one really knows... I believe it's just us making something up & by saying "they say" instead of "I think" and hope that it makes it far more credible.

Ps Dan Sheik preached at church this morning.  Fantastic.  It was all about being self righteous.  How being righteous in our own right shows us exactly how far away from true righteousness we are.  How we need to stop trying to attain righteousness ourselves and finding it in God instead.  Brilliant.  Home truths?  Yes.  Learn anything?  Yes.  Inspired?  Yes.  Get over yourself Lee, go to God - you need him far more than you need your own approval.  It's sad how blind we can get to what's really going on in our hearts isn't it?

Mr R hasn't been well.  He was up vomiting last night, and again this morning.  He's not been himself today, and has had a fever & been almost delirious at one point.  Not sure what's going on there.  Little D is off to the Dr for her 12mth needles tomorrow :(  Mr F is healthy & happy, and totally totally cute, loving him so much more everyday.  He's at the age where they really start showing more of their true character.  He's really quite soft.... and I love the fact that if I'm right, he agrees, in fact he says "you were right Mummy, I was wrong" so humble, such a teachable attitude - amidst the tantrums lol.

Super hubby & dad, Big M, stayed home from church today to look after Mr R and Little D.  He also continued with my work - organising the laundry.  We're almost finished in there now.  Just a shelf to put up & some junk to throw out.  I bought some flooring off ebay for the laundry, so now that it's clean we can actually have a laundry floor - solid bamboo timber - the best quality flooring in the whole house will be in the laundry.  They were selling 20m2 for $40!  Perfect.  If only all bamboo flooring was that price!  Now Big M just has to figure out how to lay it!

What do you do with your God Ideas?  Not your good ideas, but the ideas you feel are from God.  I have something I need to do.  Two somethings actually.  Do you put them off?  I'm a procrastinator from way back.  I think God is still trying to coax me out of it.  One of the reasons I'm writing this blog is to keep myself accountable in this aspect.  So watch this space and see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment