Thursday, September 9, 2010

A day in the life of....

Why hello, welcome to the first blog... well the first blog of my third attempt at blogging... hmmm... will it work this time?  Will I stick with it?  Will there be any point?  Will I tire of it?  Well.... it's definitely worth a try, again :)  Do we have spell check here?

After reading blogs of others, I've been inspired myself to create this blog... not looking to inspire others, but to share the inspirations I've received, and to share how they've changed my life, major or minor.

Day One?  Spent carting my poor baby girl around to different doctors.  Little D is 12 months old, she's been unwell this week and after "hoping it will go away" I've taken her to the dr this morning, dissatisfied with his diagnosis I booked her in at another clinic for a second opinion.  God is so good when we need help, he gets us the appt with the super-dr whom I've loved for years but have not very often managed to actually book appointments with.  Hoping we'll have a diagnosis I'm happy with this afternoon.

Inspiration today?  Seeing my second eldest son in the waiting room at the clinic.  Mr F introduced himself to a man in his "silver years", and then continued to entertain and enthrall the other elders in the clinic with his conversation.  I realised how much they loved talking with him, especially since we are so aware of "stranger danger" these days.  One man actually thanked me for letting Mr F chat with him.  Thinking we may have to make some visits into nursing homes to share some of his joy.  I used to be apprehensive towards church ministry in nursing homes, but the more I think about it, and the more I see, the less apprehensive I am.  These people were my age once, all the hopes & dreams for their lives, and the lives of their children.  Now?  They're stuck, waiting... waiting... nothing really happening.  They're people who have the same humour as mine, the same intellect as my husband, the same love of all things God created... so why do I think there's nothing to talk about with them?  Mr F didn't appear to have any trouble.  Inspired by a 4yr old.  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment